Sunday, March 7, 2010

Full Speed Ahead

Holy smokes! I can't believe this week has finally arrived. I am really excited!
I wish I could adequately explain how blessed I am to be able to be on the path that I am right now in my life...but I honestly can't find the words. All I know is, that my Heavenly Father is blessing me and my family so very much right now.
Things have been tough...well, that's putting it lightly, I guess. There has been so much peace and comfort, even though we don't know where any money will come from to pay bills. That sounds crazy, but it's true.
I know that we will be blessed, as we have been in so many wonderful ways.  Prayers are answered. Even my prayers. Even though I'm not perfect. I am beginning to truly understand who I am.
I love Sherri Dew. She is such an incredibly well versed and solid individual. I was recently given a copy of a talk that she gave at a BYU Women's conference a while back.
I wanted to directly quote her, but I don't have the articel right in front of me. But, it was so powerfully given, and you couldn't help but feel the truth of her words while reading it.
She talked about how we were faithful women in the pre-existence and the significance of that fact.
She also brings to attention, how when we truly know who we are, and what we stand for, and where we are going, that it will change us significantly; that we will handle every situation differently.
She says, we are "daughters of a King."
I actually sat back and thought, "now, what girl- in her childhood at least- did not pretend or want to be a princess?" Is that why little girls somehow seem to identify with royalty from a young age? Because, we are royal. Divinely royal? Not in a sense of wealth or vanity. But in a sense of humbly knowing who our Father is, and where we come from.  How does that not change the way you look at yourself? It does for me.
I am so grateful that my Father in Heaven knows what I need, and is taking care of me, as I seek His will in my life.
I know going back to school isn't for eveyone. And some might argue that it's not right when there are still kids at home. I can honestly say, that I know that my Heavenly Father is 100% behind me on this decision. For me, in my life, in my circumstances, I know this is where and what I need to be doing for my family. Not just myself. And that, is a great feeling!
So, here's to my first week at school!
Full speed ahead...:)

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I am so proud of you. It does feel good when you know that you are doing what the Lord wants you to. I have learned that it is not always easy but what is? At least you know you have him on your side helping you. Good luck at school. I can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck at school! We miss you and love you!!!

    ReplyDelete