Saturday, May 22, 2010

Almost summer already?

This next week is the last week of school for my boys.
Crap.
How did this happen so fast? Wasn't it just Christmas like a month ago?
Time is flying by so fast and I am constantly chasing after it, trying to catch it. It's always been too fast for me though. That sneaky time...
Anyway, I'm actually excited for the 3 month break from their homework and activities. I just wish I had the same break with them.
I don't get out of school for any kind of summer vacation, so I will have to cleverly come up with some kind of bribery scheme to keep the boys out of trouble and me from committing myself to an institution.

I have to say how proud I am of my boys! They have handled my schooling experience extremely well.
I wasn't sure what exactly would happen when I started, but they have been very sweet and supportive and understanding.  I think they secretly enjoy seeing their mom doing "homework" and studying for tests. I can just see them in their rooms snickering to each other..."tee hehe. Now mom has to do homework too. Now she knows how if feels. We should go tell her she can't play or go anywhere until it's all finished....teehehe."

Honestly, I have never loved learning more. I absolutely adore my instructors and the other girls at the school. I am constantly fascinated by the things we are learning and doing. It is hard work, but it is rewarding. For Pete too. He gets a neck, shoulder and decollete massage almost every night...poor guy.

I am hoping that this summer will hold less stress than the last year has held for us all. I am hopeful, too, that my boys will enjoy a bit of independence and responsibility while I'm at school and that we can have a great time when I get home each day....my fingers are crossed.

Deep breath. Here goes!

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you Seb!! Keep up the hard work...you are such an amazing person!! Love you! Take a break and come see us!

    ReplyDelete